What if it was with my own money, that I made before the marriage, and I can prove it?

Again, anything purchased during the marriage is community property. However, if you can trace the downpayment to separate property, you may be able to get the downpayment reimbursed.  Please speak with your attorney.

Category: Property Division - Top 5 Questions